On Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. EST, the National Juvenile Justice Network and the Coalition for Juvenile Justice will host a webinar: Better Responses to Youth Who Commit Status Offenses. Register here.
Topics will include:
- the forthcoming National Standards for the Care of Youth Charges with Status Offenses from the Coalition for Juvenile Justice,
- the Status Offense Reform Center, to be launched in November 2013, by the Vera Institute of Justice,
- the work of the Kentucky Youth Advocates in preventing the unnecessary jailing and detention of youth (related articles available here),
- helpful legislative initiatives and advocacy tools, and
- state and local initiatives.
See also, Girls, Status Offenses and the Need for a Less Punitive and More Empowering Approach from the Coalition for Juvenile Justice, Safety, Opportunity, and Success Project.