This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for many things about this past year:
- That there are so many working in the juvenile justice system who truly care about the children and their families, and are working to implement system changes, such through the Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative project and the Commission on Improving the Status of Children.
- That we were able to reach out to so many legislators and policymakers about the needs of our children. By educating those in power, we will make change to protect our children.
- For each of the readers of this blog for their support.
- That my co-workers support and enable me to pursue my goals to make change both in my community and at the state-level.
- That I am still able to find humor in my day despite how serious our work is and the horrible and overwhelming stories that are part of juvenile justice.
Please remember those children who are removed from their loved ones today and hope for their swift return to a safe and happy home.
Happy Thanksgiving, one and all!